FilterPod waste water sewage treatment plants are a UK design.
They are a 5 person, sustainable, non-electric wastewater treatment system. The tank has been tested for all UK ground conditions, even ultra high groundwater sites. A 12 person sewage treatment plant will be available in the near future. It is powered by natural air currents or solar power and has been tested at the EN Test Centre, through a Northern German winter - the harshest conditions for sewage plant performance. Most sewage systems are tested during the summer months in order to obtain the best results, but we wanted to test for the worst treatment performance instead.
Benefits - FilterPod sewage treatment plant system
- NO electricity bills
- Average annual emptying interval in full use
- NO spare parts needed for the FilterPod sewage treatment plant
- Superb effluent quality - Twice as clean as the UK standard
- Almost ZERO Carbon Footprint - 3 times lower than a septic tank/reedbed
- EN 12566-3 2005 Certification (now mandatory in the UK)
- Can be Solar Powered if you don't want the vent pipe
- NO other UK sewage treatment plant can compete
- FREE essential training available on the installation
- Can convert a traditional septic tank or cesspit into a first class wastewater treatment plant
- Designed and manufactured in the UK, for UK high groundwater site conditions
- One Piece Construction, Ultra strong tanks - these will not distort
- Qualifying technology for the interest free commercial 'Carbon Trust' Loan Scheme in the UK.
- Annual service only
Sewage Treatment Systems - Don't Cost The EARTH
- Expensive, noisy high wattage air blowers and pumps - GONE
- Expensive annual emptying - GONE
- Expensive bi-annual system maintenance - GONE
- The need for spare parts - GONE
- Worries about final sewage effluent quality - GONE
- Large carbon footprint - GONE
- Ban on sanitary items, wet-wipes, tampons, etc - GONE
- The need for domestic grease traps - GONE
- Worry about bending or cracking tanks - GONE
- Can be discharged to a watercourse OR a soakaway
- 10 year tank warranty
- 6 person FilterPod sewage water treatment plant from £1800 plus VAT (as a septic tank conversion)
Why use electricity to power a wastewater system?
In nature, sewage pollutants are broken down in a non-aquatic environment, without the use of electricity. This sewage treatment process is fuelled by oxygen in the air. The greatest amount of oxygen that can be dissolved in water is only 14.6mg/litre, whereas air has 299.05mg/litre oxygen - over 20 times more. This is why the most efficient breakdown of sewage pollutants takes place on and in the aerobic part of the soil, NOT in water. Why increase your family's Carbon Footprint when you don't need to?
FilterPod, understanding the importance of this fact, designed a dry or terrestrial treatment system; one that is rich in oxygen and therefore highly efficient. All other sewage treatment plants are liquid-based. The FilterPod sewage plant separates the solids from the water in raw sewage and other household wastes. Conventional sewage plant systems leave the waste in the water to be broken down by electrically pumping vast quantities of air into the liquid effluent in the tank. The FilterPod waste water plant filters the pollutants from the water in the dry, oxygen-rich environment of the biofilter, fuelled only by natural air currents.
The FilterPod sewage treatment plant process uses NO energy. Other waste water plants need a continuous supply of expensive electricity to drive the compressors, pumps, motors and discs that are needed to continually oxygenate liquid based systems. The FilterPod uses NONE for the sewage treatment process.
The FilterPod treatment system also has no electrical parts to break down or replace. That is why the operating cost of a sustainable FilterPod sewage system is so low.
Septic Tank Conversion and Upgrade
The FilterPod sewage treatment plant can also be added onto a traditional 2 chamber septic tank or cesspit as a septic tank conversion to a fully certified treatment system. It has been tested for this application and has the EN 12566-3 2005 Certificate for it, giving a cleaner effluent than most package wastewater treatment plants. It is the ideal sustainable solution if the problem is a failed soakaway but the septic tank is still in good condition. (It cannot follow an 'onion' shaped septic tank)
The wastewater treatment process has an almost zero carbon footprint.
FilterPod Wastewater Treatment System - How It Works
Comparing Sewage Treatment Processes and Systems
FilterPod EN 12566-3 2005 Test Results from the PIA Test Centre, Aachen
FilterPod Wastewater System Installation
The Global Wastewater Problem
FilterPod Sewage Treatment Plant Servicing by Sapphire Environmental Ltd.
FilterPod sewage system and septic tank installation by White Rose Installations Ltd